The Charlottesville Jazz Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. If you believe that music is an important part of a child’s life then we encourage you to financially support the educational efforts of the Charlottesville Jazz Society. Thank you for your donation to support the Jazz Society and to support jazz in Charlottesville.
There are many reasons to help the Charlottesville Jazz Society. Here are a few:
- We have had our monthly Artist/Educator series for over five years with live performances and opportunities to interact with the musicians.
- When we bring in musicians from outside Virginia we have them give master classes to students at various schools and community centers. For example, we have had master classes at the Music Resource Center, Albemarle High School, Monticello High School, Improv class at Old Cabell Hall, UVA Brooks Hall, Garrett Hall.
- We have started the George Melvin Education Fund to help underprivileged children interested in pursuing jazz.
- We maintain this website with current jazz events and other jazz related information.
- We provide a jazz music teachers directory
- And we send out a twice monthly e-newsletter on local jazz events to 900 people on our email distribution list.
BE A JAZZ CAT SUPPORTER — $30 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE (Per Person)
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Bi-monthly Emails
- Advance Notice to CJS Events
- High Quality Qoriginal CJS Pin
- CJS Bumper Sticker
- 10% off Entry Fee to CJS Events
- Help Support Ongoing CJS Programs
PayPal is a totally secure method to make donations. You do not need to have an account with PayPal in order to make a donation. You can simply use your credit card for this transaction, as you would for any other online purchase.
To start the process just click on the “Donate” button below and you will be prompted for the dollar amount you would like to donate. After you have entered your credit card information, on the next page – “Review Your Donation” – there is a field where you can “Enter Comment or Specify Use of Donation.” Feel free to leave us a note if necessary. Below are our five donation categories:
- GMEF (George Melvin Education Fund … More info)
- Annual Membership Dues ($30 per person)
- Master Classes (Visiting musicians teach at local schools)
- Annual Artist/Educator Award
- General Operating Expenses
Thank you for supporting the Charlottesville Jazz Society.
If you prefer to send a check our mailing address is:
Charlottesville Jazz Society
2027 Woodbrook Court
Charlottesville, VA 22901
We are thankful for Friends, Supporters, & Sponsors of
The Charlottesville Jazz Society.